A corporate and commercial lawyer with about 25 years’ experience in private practice as a Partner in Singapore and Malaysia including one of Singapore’s large law firms and as in-house counsel various public listed companies and multi-national corporations including the role of General Counsel. He has been involved in and leading many major transactions including public take over offers, mergers and acquisitions, cross border transactions, equity and debt capital market transactions, complex commercial contracts across the Asia Pacific Region, Europe and America in many industries including food manufacturing, logistics, e-commerce, transportation, FMCG, mining, agriculture, real estate including REITS, hospitality and health care. He has also been a company secretary of various public listed companies. By using his experience, being pro-active, his legal skills and business acumen, he is ready to provide practical legal and business solutions in resolving clients’ business issues.
Transactions of significance
- Successfully completed the public take-over offer of International Healthway Corporation Limited, a public company listed on the Catalist Board of SGX-ST
- Successfully negotiated and completed the rights issue exercise of OUE Hospitality Trust of S$238M
- Successfully completed the sale and acquisition of the Changi Airport Crowne Plaza Hotel Extension of S$205M
- Successfully led, negotiated and completed the investment by Alibaba into Singapore Post
- Led and represented SMRT in a Public Private Partnership transaction for the Singapore Sportshub Project to operate the retail mall in Singapore Sportshub
- Led, negotiated and completed the SMRT bond issue of S$450M